BabyCenter is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to work in an agile team-based environment designing and developing both back-end services and polished mobile interfaces for a global audience. This position will support and evolve our existing mobile applications, which rank #1 in pregnancy worldwide, as well as develop new native and mobile web tools for expecting and new parents.
The ideal candidate will have experience building consumer mobile applications that serve a large audience, experience working with new technologies, and the desire to build great products for expecting and new parents.
- Develop and improve the technical infrastructure, organization, and framework of Android and Android/mobile-web hybrid applications.
- Collaborate with product, marketing, design, and sales teams to develop new products and features, gathering requirements and scoping work.
- Collaborate with mobile team to develop back-end services that support iOS and Android mobile platforms.
- Evolve automation in build and testing of mobile development efforts.
- 5+ years experience developing Java applications
- 3+ years experience developing Android native applications
- Experience building and interfacing with secure back-end services for mobile applications
- Communication skills, agile leadership skills, pair programming
- Desire for excellence
- Mathematics degree, computer science degree, or equivalent experience
- Experience building large-scale consumer Android applications
- In-depth knowledge of Android SDK, leading libraries, and frameworks
- Experience developing and supporting reusable Android components
- Passionate about the nuances and current trends of mobile UX
- Experience automating testing and continuous integration for mobile applications
- Experience with agile development process