We are hiring a full-time Software Engineer, a contractor role, to work in an agile team-based environment designing and developing both back-end services and polished mobile interfaces for a global audience. This position will support and evolve our existing mobile applications, which rank #1 in pregnancy worldwide, as well as develop new native and mobile web tools for expecting and new parents.
The ideal candidate will have experience building consumer mobile applications that serve a large audience, experience working with new technologies, and the desire to build great products for expecting and new parents.
- Develop mobile applications in iOS and iOS/mobile-web hybrid platforms.
- Collaborate with mobile team to develop back-end services that support iOS and Android mobile platforms.
- Evolve automation in build and testing of mobile development efforts.
- Collaborate with product and design teams to develop new products and features, gathering requirements and scoping work.
- 4+ years experience in software engineering
- 1+ years experience developing iOS native applications
- Experience building and interfacing with secure back-end services for mobile applications
- Communications skills, agile leadership skills, pair programming
- Desire for excellence
- Mathematics degree, computer science degree, or equivalent experience
- Experience building compelling Objective-C-based interfaces in iOS
- Experience with or interest in Swift a plus
- Passionate about the nuances and current trends of mobile UX
- Experience automating testing and continuous integration for mobile applications
- Experience with mobile monetization models (e.g., in-app purchases, subscription models)
- Experience with agile development process