|Our client is seeking a Director of Professional Services. As a Director within Professional Services you will be responsible for growing and managing a regional professional services delivery team. Your team will be accountable for providing project management and delivery oversight of team of people consulting with the client’s growing customer and partner base on the design, implementation, and on-going support of the client’s full suite of products and services. You will also be responsible for managing and handling account escalations as well as providing the required pre-sales support. You will be responsible for ensuring on-time, high-quality deliverables, as well as high levels of client satisfaction. You will be responsible for effectively leading and managing your group in all facets of customer project management including developing project scope, timelines, budgets, deliverable schedules, and allocation of resources. You will also be responsible for identifying opportunities with existing customers for additional services. This position will be based in San Mateo, CA.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Help build Practice by establishing processes, procedures, templates for pre-sales through delivery while supporting Sales team in a pre-sale support capacity.
- Hire and train staff of project managers managing 70%+ billable utilization for your team
- Manage, mentor and provide coaching to a team of direct reports.
- Manage and build client relationships with key decision makers from project inception to post-implementation; ensure customer satisfaction.
- Manage account and customer escalations; facilitate on-site client meetings where needed; articulate issues and resolution options clearly and succinctly.
- Oversee installation and client acceptance company product suites.
- Monitor on-site and remote day-to-day activities between client and company personnel.
- Interact with sales, systems engineering, and product development to ensure continuity between the organizations.
- Plan and manage service schedules and budget.
- Provide weekly status reports and project updates to Senior Professional Services Management.
- Provide pre-sales support and look for opportunities to upsell into existing clients.
- Assume areas of ownership within Professional Services department for internal and external development of staff, processes, procedures, methodologies, areas of excellence.
No recruitment agencies please.
- A proven leader with 7+ years’ experience managing people.
- 10+ years’ experience in Professional Services, Support or Consulting in the Enterprise Software space. Preferably managing a range of implementations sizes from medium to large scale enterprise level
- 5+ years’ experience in a Senior Management role at a top-tier management/technical consulting firm, Technology Company other professional environment.
- A minimum of 5+ years’ experience in managing software as a service (SAAS) deployments representing companies such as WebEx, Salesforce.com, Oracle, Ultimate Software, and Sage.
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining profitable and reference-able customer relationships
- Confirmed experience to proactively identify, assess, and mitigate risks during bid development and project execution; manage delivery of projects; identify, develop, and close services engagements; develop winning and profitable proposals
- Demonstrate and ensure timely and thorough communication of strategy, deliverable status, and results
- Ability to evaluate market reactions to Professional Services and provide input into strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions
- Past experience in measuring progress of programs against established objectives such as revenue, expense management, utilization metric, delivery quality, and customer satisfaction
- Services relevant examples of monitoring results and taking corrective action to ensure the achievement of the objectives, within budget
- Prepare and present business reports - past performance against plan and setting future direction for revenue growth
- Past escalation point experience for all implementation issues with decision maker for resolution
- Ability to build out value proposition presentations and package offerings for Professional Services during pre-sales cycle at prospects location addressing all facets of the implementation process
- Past experience and responsibility for contract review, negotiation, and approval of all Professional Service implementations
- Excellent communication skills both written/oral; excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Technical Degree aptitude strongly preferred
- PMP certification a plus.
- Salesforce.com implementation experience a plus
This position description is intended to describe the duties most frequently performed by an individual in this position. It is not intended to be a complete list of assigned duties but to describe a position level. Furthermore, the essential functions are listed above and reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer