Our client is seeking a VP of Sales to join their team who is creative, highly motivated and eager to grow products in a nascent, fast moving space with an even faster moving company. Our ideal candidate will have experience with data driven sales, enterprise business, software and hardware marketing, as well as a deep understanding of growth strategies for high-tech products in emerging industries. Reporting directly to the CEO, the VP of Sales is responsible for planning and implementing sales, marketing and product development programs, both short and long term, targeted toward growing existing and new markets. We are looking for a proactive person who loves to be challenged and is ready to take the reigns and innovate in order to drive quantifiable business results.
- Leadership and responsibility for all sales initiatives
- Manage and build out sales team.
- Develop and implement strategic marketing plans and sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
- Develop messaging and value proposition and create compelling content, training and visual presentations that help create leads and close pipeline.
- Work closely with Product and Sales teams to ensure product-sales-marketing alignment.
- Define strategy for client customer growth, refine brand & deliver compelling messaging.
- Provide short- and long-term market forecasts and reports by directing market research collection, analysis, and interpretation of market data.
- Influence present and future products by determining and evaluating current and future market trends.
- Always be up to date on competitive landscape including industry initiatives, products, sales and marketing activities.
- Assists other departments within organization to prepare manuals and technical publications.
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Experience working with Enterprise business
- Hardware/Software experience
- 8+ years experience in marketing and sales
- Demonstrated experience in budget and forecast abilities
- Construction background ++
- Engineering background ++
- International business experience a plus, including experience sales and marketing in overseas markets
- Prior experience managing sales/marketing team preferred